Director of Procurement
The Director of Procurement will play a key role in assisting the Head of Procurement in designing and implementing the procurement strategy in collaboration with other stakeholders. The job holder will be responsible for effectively driving the sourcing process, vendor and supplier risk management, commercial contract management to optimize the cost and ensure a consistently high standard of performance. The role will form part of the Supply Chain & Procurement Leadership Team, contributing to the governance, structure and ethics of the department, correct deployment of resources to meet all customer requirements.
- Collaborate with Project Management team to create collaborative business plans with strategic vendors, develop negotiating strategies, and direct the execution of strategic programs.
- Work with Head of Procurement to approve vendor contract negotiations, guaranteeing the attainment of the most advantageous pricing, terms, discounts, allowances, quality, delivery, service and dating (where applicable). Ensure all goods and services meet established standards, timeline and legal requirements.
- Directly manage complex negotiations with key suppliers that require a detailed strategic plan and that have a direct correlation with Corporate operational needs and/or goals. Decision maker and subject matter expert for risk management allowances, terms/conditions, pricing, transportation, pricing and quality control/acceptance.
- Supply Chain Management including proactively sourcing manufacturers, suppliers, consultants and contractors to meet the quality, cost and delivery requirements of each Project schedule.
- Actively streamlining of a business's supply-side activities to maximize customer value and gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Address department concerns / issues, requests, and questions and resolves within legal/tax; accounting and corporate operations guidelines
- Direct and execute vendor management programs and initiatives that facilitate business owners achieving their business unit goals and financial targets. Assure the appropriate use of capital and financial resources. Generate analytics to support these positions.
- Provide continuous leadership to departments to assist in the achievement of their goals and the overall corporate strategies/targets. Consult and advise business unit senior leadership teams/executives on the impact of procurement activities on projects and budgets.
- Assist in building, training and developing a capable procurement team to deliver the department’s KPI
- Other duties assigned by the Head of Procurement
- 5 -10 years of progressive procurement experience, preferably in real estate and construction industry.
- Education: Civil Engineer
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and supply chain management best practices including process development. The candidate should be familiar with the management of the entire supplier or consultant deliverable flow from initial requirement to delivering of final product. This involve integrated planning with Project teams, sourcing, production, logistics and possible returning all to meet project schedules.
- Proven contract negotiation skills
- Strong negotiation skill
- Strong analytical and innovative mindset to handle multiple projects and meet deadline
- Ability to build and set up procurement function, developing a detailed strategic plan and managing multiple procurement professionals across a number of commodities
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development