Reporting to the Head of Commercial, the Contract Manager shall be is responsible for overseeing important legal documents relating to construction projects and ensuring that any issues which arise are resolved as quickly and effectively as possible
- Responsible for preparation of sales and purchase contracts
- Negotiate contract terms with internal and external business partners
- Review and update existing contracts
- Explain terms and conditions to managers and interested parties
- Ensure that employees understand and comply with company contracts
- Analyze potential risks involved with specific contract terms
- Stay up-to date with legislative changes and coordinate with the legal department as needed
- Maintain organized system of physical and digital records
- Create language standards for existing and new contracts
- Proactive risk / claim assessment and management for site construction contracts.
- Provide proactively recommendations & advice on how to avoid any additional cost and where not possible how to minimize the costs of legitimate claims.
- Ensuring the successful execution of site construction contracts according to agreed commercial obligations, financial and qualitative targets.
- Assure that site portions of all contracts are followed & fulfilled to the benefit of the client
- Optimizing the financial result of the client for site construction contracts.
- Ensuring all site costs are recorded in detail to provide transparent feedback in order improve the tender and budget preparation of future contracts
- Initiate and manage claims against 3rd parties related to the site construction contracts.
Degree holder or above of Civil or structural engineering or Construction management / Surveying in Real Estate or related disciplines;
Knowledge of the laws and regulations regulating building construction.
Skill in negotiating, writing and interpreting contractual agreements.
Ability to effectively communicate
Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and management
High attention to detail and accuracy with a strong focus on quality of work
Ability to use initiative and strive for efficient and effective process improvements
Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organizational priorities and ambiguous environments